Sunday 5 January 2020

Good morning with the perfect boiled egg



There’s more to boiling an egg …

I enjoy eating a boiled egg for breakfast – with a slice of fresh toast, melted butter, and a smidgen of Marmite. Finishing off with an orange. Breakfast for a Princess.

We all have our own preferences when it comes to boiled eggs. Some like them bouncy hard while others prefer their eggs slimy soft. When a boiled egg is not prepared to your liking, it’s not as enjoyable. When you can boil the perfect egg, you can call yourself a chef.

I like my egg soft, but not too soft. The yolk must be slightly solid on the outside, and soft inside. This is how I get it right.

  1. I take an egg from the fridge, put it in a small pot and cover with cold water.
  2. I boil it at a moderately high temperature.
  3. As soon as the water boils, I switch the plate off and leave the egg in the pot for 1 minute.
  4. Then I take the pot off the stove and leave the egg for another minute.
  5. Finally, I plunge the egg into cold water for another minute while I butter my toast.

Voila! The perfect boiled egg.

Just a bit of nonsense information to start in 2020.

Have you thought about what you want to do with other 360-something days of opportunities?

Here are a few ideas:
  • Start exercising – just a daily walk for 20 minutes will do the trick. You won’t ‘find’ the time – you have to make it!
  • Broaden your mind – read more, go on a course (pottery, flower arranging, sewing, calligraphy, water-paints) your choice is endless. No excuses. Make time!
  • Look after your health – kick bad habits in the butt. One butt at a time.
  • Make new friends – they’re a breath of fresh air.
  • Write a journal. Get up early to do this.
  • Get organised – it will free up so much extra time, you'll be amazed!
  • Teach your children to put things away – don’t clean up after them.
  • Make time for your spouse. Rekindle romance. Tickle those hormones that made you fall in love in the first place.